Tuesday, January 20, 2015

9. THE CANDID MAN FEELS A SICKNESS COMING ON

THE CANDID MAN FEELS 
A SICKNESS COMING ON
The pitchfork was left, I swear, under the shed;
horsehair, a coil of rope, the old bucket, leaking.
-
I had already told that guy from the church I didn't want
to hear anything from him; no advice, no strictures,
no recipes for his disgusting food.
-
One person at a time has always been more
than enough for me; thoughtless to think differently.
Believe me, I could never change my mind. 
We wake up to a Science all our own, and it's
everyday the same  -  no 'Sunday' will make
any difference at all. And no surprise there.
-
If it would ever rain, I'd get to test this roof;
we fixed it last month, and it hasn't rained since.
Not that anyone would notice, but it looks pretty
good from the road. Tar-paper patching, a layer of
metal, and a few new shingles  -  everything good
as it is. What need have I of anything new?
-
What need have I of anything at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment