Monday, November 9, 2020

Hawk-Wind 1: My Introduction

MY INTRODUCTION
In vast labor I comprehend
the rushung force of that
which time, in its rudiments
of strangeness, leaves behind:
White; the soft-decayed still
shadings which appear where
none before had stood.
-
I delight in such a tonic, drinking
my heavy fill and  -  as sated  -  
burst to lunge in a drunken frenzy 
towards the open sky above. 
Meticulous to a fault, I watch the 
lighthouse misconstrue the harbor; 
sacred ships smashing as they scatter
through their all-determined night.
-
And I know no other. I am masked:
A stone, asunder; broken, shot, and
reeling towards a death the likes
of which has never been before.
-
So, no one knows, no, nothing.
Yet I, in vast alliance with false
labor, comprehend my end and
see, yes, see, as only I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment